Henigan stays perfect with USRA American Racer Modified Series score at Sabine Speedway
The USRA American Racer Modified Series presented by Day Motor Sports made its maiden voyage to the Sabine Speedway on Friday and Chris Henigan steered his USRA Modified into victory lane for the second time in as many races.
The racer from Marshall, Texas, pocketed $2,000 from the prize pool to add to his $3,500 take from the Ark-La-Tex Speedway on March 19 where he led wire-to-wire from the pole.
Friday night’s task was more formidable for Henigan, who turned 40 years old on April Fools Day. He started tenth on the grid this time with some tough competitors in front and behind him.
Chris Dawson beat polesitter Chase Wascom to the flagstand to lead the opening lap but Tyler Wolff, who started fourth, came into the picture right away and took the lead away from Dawson on the fourth lap.
While Henigan was working his way toward the front of the field, Wolff continued to set the pace on the smooth quarter-mile oval nestled in the woods of Sabine Parish.
With 20 of 30 laps in the books, Henigan stuck his nose underneath Wolff and then slipped by to lead the 21st lap. He cruised the rest of the way home.
Meanwhile, Wolff held strong for the runner-up honors with Dawson, Wascom and Donnie Barnhart completing the top five. The rest of the top ten were Chase Allen, Kenny Gaddis, Jason Sartain, Kyle Pleasant and Georgia’s Casey Roderick, who rolled off from the 21st starting spot.
With just three cautions slowing the pace, Henigan crossed beneath the checkered flag just 1.680 seconds ahead of Wolff. Drivers from seven different states entered the event.
Sean Gaddis, Henigan and Manuel Williams Sr. each got an extra $100 from American Racer via random draw of all those who pre-entered for the show.
Special thanks to American Racer, ARMI Contractors, Day Motor Sports, Innovative AutoGlass & Window Tint, RacerWebsite.com, RacinDirt, Star 1 Roofing & Construction, Summit Racing Equipment, Texas Locomotive Solutions and TNT Auto Parts for their support.
More mud-slinging Saturday at Super Bee Speedway: The American Racer Modified Series remains in the Pelican State on Saturday for the second half of this weekend’s doubleheader at the Super Bee Speedway in Chatham, La.
Once again, the event will pay $2,000 to the winner and no less than $200 to start the main event plus Advanced Performance Engines is sponsoring a $200 Hard Charger Award.
As it was Friday, Saturday’s show at the Super Bee Speedway is the debut of the USRA Modifieds at the popular dirt oval.
USRA continues crushing it: Year after year, the USRA continues to attract more racetracks and dirt racing competitors through fair, logical and cost-effective rules accompanied by an organization that puts the racers and racetrack operators first.
For the upcoming 2022 campaign for the Summit USRA Weekly Racing Series, there are currently more than 50 of America’s finest dirt ovals which will host over 1,000 nights of racing this season.
Visit usraracing.com for schedules, points, photos, souvenirs, videos and more. Follow our social media channels on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Click here to get USRA news delivered to your inbox.
United States Racing Association
Summit USRA Weekly Racing Series
USRA American Racer Modified Series presented by Day Motor Sports
Sabine Speedway, Many, La.
Friday, April 8, 2022
Showing finishing position, starting position in parentheses, car number, driver and hometown.
Star 1 Roofing Heat #1 (8 laps):
1. (2) 17 Jason Sartain, Royce City, Texas
2. (1) 7X Chris Dawson, Lubbock, Texas
3. (4) 91 Joe Duvall, Claremore, Okla.
4. (3) 6X Kyle Pleasant, Natchitoches, La.
5. (5) 7 Sean Gaddis, Diana, Texas
6. (6) 16M Landon Meilke, Jonesboro, Ark.
7. (8) 24 Manuel Williams Sr., Fouke, Ark.
8. (10) 24M Manuel Williams Jr., Fouke, Ark.
9. (7) 64 Casey Fowler, Grand Saline, Texas
10. (9) 21 Kevin Peters, Hallsville, Texas
TNT Auto Parts Heat #2 (8 laps):
1. (2) 11B Donnie Barnhart, N. Little Rock, Ark.
2. (4) 2G Kenny Gaddis, Diana, Texas
3. (5) 15 Chase Wascom, Denham Springs, La.
4. (7) 16 Chris Henigan, Marshall, Texas
5. (1) 718 Tommy Cannon, Denham Springs, La.
6. (6) 12T Tyler Townsend, Diana, Texas
7. (9) 14T Triston Dycus, Maypearl, Texas
8. (3) 24W Mason Williams, Fouke, Ark.
9. (8) 8 Dillon McCowan, Urbana, Mo.
DNS – 34 Michael Walker, McAllen, Texas
Texas Locomotive Solutions Heat #3 (8 laps):
1. (2) 130 Chase Allen, Midlothian, Texas
2. (9) 4W Tyler Wolff, Fayetteville, Ark.
3. (7) 82 Jimmie Williams, Denison, Texas
4. (8) 66X Mike Dillard, McKinney, Texas
5. (3) 79 Randall Settle, Shreveport, La.
6. (4) 3 Chad Shivers, Prentiss, Miss.
7. (6) 75J Jeremy LaCoe, Lincoln, Ark.
8. (1) 48 Taylor Rateliff, Longview, Texas
DQ – (5) 25 Casey Roderick, Lawrenceville, Ga.
Day Motor Sports “B” Feature (6 laps, top 6 advance):
1. (2) 12T Tyler Townsend, Diana, Texas
2. (6) 24M Manuel Williams Jr., Fouke, Ark.
3. (3) 14T Triston Dycus, Maypearl, Texas
4. (8) 21 Kevin Peters, Hallsville, Texas
5. (9) 8 Dillon McCowan, Urbana, Mo.
6. (10) 25 Casey Roderick, Lawrenceville, Ga.
7. (5) 75J Jeremy LaCoe, Lincoln, Ark.
8. (1) 16M Landon Meilke, Jonesboro, Ark.
9. (7) 64 Casey Fowler, Grand Saline, Texas
10. (4) 24 Manuel Williams Sr., Fouke, Ark.
DNS – 24W Mason Williams, Fouke, Ark.
DNS – 48 Taylor Rateliff, Longview, Texas
DNS – 34 Michael Walker, McAllen, Texas
American Racer “A” Feature (30 laps):
1. (10) 16 Chris Henigan, Marshall, Texas
2. (4) 4W Tyler Wolff, Fayetteville, Ark.
3. (2) 7X Chris Dawson, Lubbock, Texas
4. (1) 15 Chase Wascom, Denham Springs, La.
5. (5) 11B Donnie Barnhart, N. Little Rock, Ark.
6. (6) 130 Chase Allen, Midlothian, Texas
7. (3) 2G Kenny Gaddis, Diana, Texas
8. (7) 17 Jason Sartain, Royce City, Texas
9. (11) 6X Kyle Pleasant, Natchitoches, La.
10. (21) 25 Casey Roderick, Lawrenceville, Ga.
11. (9) 91 Joe Duvall, Claremore, Okla.
12. (16) 12T Tyler Townsend, Diana, Texas
13. (20) 8 Dillon McCowan, Urbana, Mo.
14. (22) 24W Mason Williams, Fouke, Ark.
15. (19) 21 Kevin Peters, Hallsville, Texas
16. (23) 75J Jeremy LaCoe, Lincoln, Ark.
17. (8) 66X Mike Dillard, McKinney, Texas
18. (12) 718 Tommy Cannon, Denham Springs, La.
19. (15) 3 Chad Shivers, Prentiss, Miss.
20. (18) 14T Triston Dycus, Maypearl, Texas
21. (14) 7 Sean Gaddis, Diana, Texas
22. (17) 24M Manuel Williams Jr., Fouke, Ark.
23. (13) 79 Randall Settle, Shreveport, La.
DNS – 82 Jimmie Williams, Denison, Texas
Lap Leaders: Dawson 1-3, Wolff 4-20, Henigan 21-30.
Total Laps Led: Wolff 17, Henigan 10, Dawson 3.
Margin of Victory: 1.680 seconds.
Time of Race: 17 minutes, 32 seconds (3 cautions).
Provisional Starters: Mason Williams, Jeremy LaCoe.
Next Race: Saturday, April 9, Super Bee Speedway, Chatham, La.
Points Standings: Henigan 200, Duvall 165, Wolff 151, Roderick 148, K. Gaddis 148, Wascom 145, Sartain 144, Dawson 143, Dycus 141, Dillard 139.
American Racer – S. Gaddis, Henigan, Manuel Williams Sr. ($100).
RacerWebsite.com – Manuel Williams Jr.
USRA OFFICIAL SPONSORS: American Racer Racing Tires, Beyea Headers, Chevrolet Performance, Christie Door Company, Fast Shafts, FK Rod Ends, K1 RaceGear by Ryan Bowers, KS Engineering, KSE Racing Products, Mesilla Valley Transportation, MSD, Nitroquest Media, PEM Racing Gears & Drivetrain, RacinDirt, Summit Racing Equipment, Sunoco Race Fuels.
USRA PARTICIPATING SPONSORS: ARMI Contractors, Boubin Tire & Automotive, Brodix Cylinder Heads, DAY Motorsports, Innovative AutoGlass & Window Tint, PBM Performance Products, Star 1 Roofing & Construction, Stealth Oilwell Services, Texas Locomotive Solutions, TNT Auto Parts, YouDirt.com.
USRA CONTINGENCY SPONSORS: AFCO Racing Products, Allstar Performance, Bryke Racing, BSB Manufacturing, Champ Pans, Edelbrock, Hooker Harness, Integra Racing Shocks & Springs, JE Pistons, Keyser Manufacturing, Landrum Performance Springs, Medieval Chassis, Performance Bodies & Parts, QA1, RacerWebsite.com, Real Racing Wheels, Swift Springs, Sybesma Graphics, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Wilwood Disc Brakes Five1seven Designs, Four Seven Designs Salon & Boutique, Hi-Tek Paving, Jerovetz Motorsports Racing Parts, Penske Racing Shocks, Race Smart Wraps, S&S Fishing & Rental, Traeger Wood Pellet Grills by Elliott Motorsports.
USRA RACETRACKS: 67 Speedway of Texarkana, 81 Speedway, Alien Motor Speedway, Ark-La-Tex Speedway, Big O Speedway, Callaway Raceway, Caney Valley Speedway, Cedar Lake Speedway, Centerville Super Speedway, Chateau Speedway, Crawford County Speedway, Creek County Speedway, Cresco Speedway, Dallas County Speedway, Deer Creek Speedway, Devil’s Bowl Speedway, Diamond Park Speedway, Eagle Valley Speedway, Electric City Speedway, Fairmont Raceway, Fayette County Speedway, Gondik Law Speedway, Hamilton County Speedway, Humboldt Speedway, I-35 Speedway, I-70 Speedway, I-90 Speedway, Lake Ozark Speedway, Lakeside Speedway, Lawton Speedway, Lebanon Midway Speedway, Lonestar Speedway, Lucas Oil Speedway, Mason City Motor Speedway, Mississippi Thunder Speedway, Nevada Speedway, Pike County Speedway, Rapid Speedway, Red Dirt Raceway, Rocket Raceway Park, Sabine Speedway, Sports Park Raceway, Springfield Raceway, Super Bee Speedway, Superbowl Speedway, Texas Motor Speedway Dirt Track, Tomahawk Speedway, Tri-State Speedway, Tulsa Speedway, Vado Speedway Park, West Texas Raceway, Winneshiek Raceway.