Clancys reign supreme in Querry Memorial at US 36 Raceway
Chad Clancy (left) won the USRA Modified main event while his brother Stephen Clancy (right) won the USRA B-Mod main event.
Friday night at the US 26 Raceway, the USRA B-Mods saw a loaded field with heat race winners Stephen Clancy and Kyle Russell charging out front.
Clancy got to the point with Russel close as Tim Eaton made his way through traffic and passed Russel mid-race to set his sights on Clancy.
Clancy would not be shaken or stirred as he led every lap to claim his first feature win of 2023 on the high banks and celebrate in Nextran Victory Lane.
Eaton closed in on Clancy in the closing laps, but settled for second with Russel an impressive third.
Truman Asher raced his way to fourth with the always-fast and present Tyler Cadwallader claiming the fifth spot.
In their first and only appearance of 2023, USRA Modifieds impressed all in attendance with side-by-side foot-to-the-floor racing action.
When the green flag flew, contact sent heat race winner Dennis Elliott spinning in turn four, creating a complete double-file restart.
On the restart, Elliott and other heat race winner Chad Clancy battled door-to-door for the lead with Clancy getting out front.
Clancy would not be denied on Nextran Truck Center Night, parking it in his sponsors in victory lane.
Elliott placed second as Tyler Hibner raced from the last starting position after an early race mishap to place third, putting on a spectacular show for the fans.
Gunner Martin saw a solid night among the leaders putting his No. 75 in fourth with Jason Estes doing the Querry family proud and parking it in fifth.
The other heat race winner was Steven Glenn.
Special thanks to the entire Querry family and Nextran Truck Center for making this one of the biggest races of 2023 at US 36 Raceway. So much work, time and money went into this event and we know Greg would be honored.
United States Racing Association
Summit USRA Weekly Racing Series
US 36 Raceway, Osborn, Mo.
Friday, July 21, 2023
Showing finishing position, starting position in parentheses, car number, driver and hometown
1. (1) 29 Dennis Elliott, Mt. Ayr, Iowa
2. (3) 52M Carson Lang, Gallatin, Mo.
3. (4) 48X Jim Masoner Jr., St. Joseph, Mo.
4. (6) 31 David Coates, Bethany, Mo.
5. (5) 58 Terry Vantrump, Richmond, Mo.
6. (2) 26 Shayne Bailey, Lathrop, Mo.
1. (1) 26S Steven Glenn, Hamilton, Mo.
2. (3) 14 Kameron Grindstaff, Independence, Mo.
3. (5) 33S Ben Stockton, Kansas City, Mo.
4. (4) 51D Benjie Douglas, Lathrop, Mo.
5. (2) 42 Sam Florence, Lathrop, Mo.
6. (6) 67 Jeffrey Booher, Albany, Mo.
1. (2) 21C Chad Clancy, Polo, Mo.
2. (3) 89 Tyler Hibner, Chillicothe, Mo.
3. (4) 75 Gunner Martin, Sugar creek, Mo.
4. (1) 02 Jason Estes, Winston, Mo.
5. (5) 99H Lee Hibner, Chillicothe, Mo.
1. (1) 21C Chad Clancy, Polo, Mo.
2. (2) 29 Dennis Elliott, Mt. Ayr, Iowa
3. (6) 89 Tyler Hibner, Chillicothe, Mo.
4. (9) 75 Gunner Martin, Sugar creek, Mo.
5. (11) 02 Jason Estes, Winston, Mo.
6. (5) 14 Kameron Grindstaff, Independence, Mo.
7. (15) 42 Sam Florence, Lathrop, Mo.
8. (7) 33S Ben Stockton, Kansas City, Mo.
9. (3) 26S Steven Glenn, Hamilton, Mo.
10. (14) 99H Lee Hibner, Chillicothe, Mo.
11. (4) 52M Carson Lang, Gallatin, Mo.
12. (13) 58 Terry Vantrump, Richmond, Mo.
13. (8) 48X Jim Masoner Jr., St. Joseph, Mo.
14. (12) 51D Benjie Douglas, Lathrop, Mo.
15. (17) 67 Jeffrey Booher, Albany, Mo.
16. (10) 31 David Coates, Bethany, Mo.
17. (16) 26 Shayne Bailey, Lathrop, Mo.
1. (4) 15 Kyle Russell, Holt, Mo.
2. (2) 173T Justin Asher, Faucett, Mo.
3. (3) 73T Truman Asher, St. Joseph, Mo.
4. (5) 66X Chris Wright, Chillicothe, Mo.
DQ – (1) 69ER Tyler Cadwallader, Amazonia, Mo.
1. (4) 12C Stephen Clancy, Odessa, Mo.
2. (3) 211 Tim Eaton, St. Joseph, Mo.
3. (2) 26 Jace Whitt, Hamilton, Mo.
4. (5) 38D Darrion McLaughlin, Excelsior Springs, Mo.
5. (1) 52J Josh Barnes, Cameron, Mo.
1. (2) 12C Stephen Clancy, Odessa, Mo.
2. (3) 211 Tim Eaton, St. Joseph, Mo.
3. (1) 15 Kyle Russell, Holt, Mo.
4. (6) 73T Truman Asher, St. Joseph, Mo.
5. (10) 69ER Tyler Cadwallader, Amazonia, Mo.
6. (5) 26 Jace Whitt, Hamilton, Mo.
7. (7) 66X Chris Wright, Chillicothe, Mo.
8. (4) 173T Justin Asher, Faucett, Mo.
9. (8) 38D Darrion McLaughlin, Excelsior Springs, Mo.
10. (9) 52J Josh Barnes, Cameron, Mo.
For more than two decades, the USRA has attracted more and more racetracks and dirt track racers each year through fair, logical and cost-effective rules accompanied by an organization that puts the racers, racetracks and their fans first. In the 2023 Summit USRA Weekly Racing Series, as many as 60 of America’s finest dirt ovals plan to host more than 1,000 nights of racing.
USRA competitors can register online at MyRacePass today. Alternatively, you can call (515) 832-6000 to register by phone, or submit a completed USRA License Application by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (515) 832-7958. You can download the application at usraracing.com/downloads.
To learn more, check out usraracing.com for schedules, points, photos, souvenirs, videos and more. Follow our social media channels on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Click here to get USRA news delivered to your inbox.
USRA OFFICIAL SPONSORS: American Racer Racing Tires, Beyea Headers, Chevrolet Performance, Christie Door Company, Fast Shafts, FK Rod Ends, KS Engineering, KSE Racing Products, Mesilla Valley Transportation, Nitroquest Media, PEM Racing Gears & Drivetrain, RacinDirt, Summit Racing Equipment, Sunoco Race Fuels.
USRA PARTICIPATING SPONSORS: Allen Autosports Race Cars, ARMI Contractors, Boubin Tire & Automotive, Brodix Cylinder Heads, DAY Motorsports, Duvall Electric, Gunshepherd.com, Innovative AutoGlass & Window Tint, PBM Performance Products, Star 1 Roofing & Construction, Stealth Thru Tubing, Texas Locomotive Solutions, TNT Auto Parts, YouDirt.com.
USRA CONTINGENCY SPONSORS: AFCO Racing Products, Allstar Performance, Bryke Racing, BSB Manufacturing, Champ Pans, Edelbrock, Hooker Harness, Hyperco, Integra Racing Shocks & Springs, JE Pistons, K1 RaceGear by Ryan Bowers, Keyser Manufacturing, Landrum Performance Springs, MD3, Medieval Chassis, MSD, Performance Bodies & Parts, QA1, Quarter Master, QuickCar Racing Products, RacerWebsite.com, Real Racing Wheels, Swift Springs, Sybesma Graphics, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Wilwood Disc Brakes.
USRA RACETRACKS: 67 Speedway of Texarkana, 81 Speedway, Alien Motor Speedway, Ark-La-Tex Speedway, Arrowhead Speedway, Bolivar Speedway, Boothill Speedway, Callaway Raceway, Caney Valley Speedway, Cedar Lake Speedway, Crawford County Speedway, Cresco Speedway, Dallas County Speedway, Deer Creek Speedway, Diamond Park Speedway, Eagle Valley Speedway, Elk City Motorsports Park, Fairmont Raceway, Fayette County Speedway, Hamilton County Speedway, Humboldt Speedway, Hunt County Raceway, I-35 Speedway, I-90 Speedway, Lakeside Speedway, Lawton Speedway, Legacy Speedway, Longdale Speedway, Lucas Oil Speedway, Mason City Motor Speedway, Mississippi Thunder Speedway, Monett Raceway, Outlaw Motor Speedway, Rapid Speedway, Red Cedar Speedway, Red Dirt Raceway, Rocket Raceway Park, Route 66 Motor Speedway, Sabine Speedway, Salina Highbanks Speedway, Sandia Speedway, Sports Park Raceway, Springfield Raceway, Super Bee Speedway, Thunder Valley Speedway, Tomahawk Speedway, Tri-State Speedway, Tulsa Speedway, US 36 Raceway, Vado Speedway Park, West Texas Raceway, Winneshiek Raceway.