The Vado Speedway Park in Vado, N.M., was back in action Saturday night, May 7, for the track’s Mother’s Day celebration and featured a guest appearance by NASCAR veteran Kenny Schrader, who competed in the USRA Modified division.
The final event of the night was the USRA Modified main event and it proved to be worth the wait as the 25-lap race was a great one with fourth-starting Jake Gallardo getting by early leader Jake Boles and holding off a late charge from Donavon Flores for the win.
Boles and Terry Tipton began to battle out front for the top spot at the drop of the green with Boles edging Tipton for the lead early and Gallardo in tow.
Just behind the leaders Ricardo Olague Jr., Schrader and Rocco Gallardo were racing hard for position while Fito Gallardo, Royal Jones and Jimmy Ray were all making progress through the field from starting at the tail.
Boles continued to lead with Jake Gallardo working hard to overtake the top spot, which he was finally able to do and then was able to drive away from Flores who snuck by Boles as well.
With the leaders driving away out font, Fito Gallardo made his way into the top five from his 22nd starting spot and began to battle with Tipton and Olague for third as the laps wound down.
Jake Gallardo, meanwhile, drove off to the victory with Flores a solid second and Olague, from 11th, crossing the line in third ahead of Fito Gallardo and Tipton.
The Vado Speedway Park will be back in action Saturday, May 14t, another Hot City Nights event where residents of Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, will be admitted into the grandstand area for just $5 with a valid ID.
Gates open at 5 p.m. and racing begins at 7:30. For fans not able to attend in person can watch live at WatchFYE.tv.
For upcoming schedule information and tickets, visit VadoSpeedwayPark.com.
United States Racing Association
Summit USRA Weekly Racing Series
Vado Speedway Park, Vado, N.M.
Saturday, May 7, 2022
Showing finishing position, starting position in parentheses, car number, driver and hometown.
1. (4) J17 Jake Gallardo, Las Cruces, N.M.
2. (3) J7 Jake Boles, Alamogordo, N.M.
3. (5) 44X Kenny Schrader, Dittmer, Mo.
4. (2) 18JR Ricardo Olague Jr., El Paso, Texas
5. (7) 3TT Tim Tharp, Las Cruces, N.M.
6. (6) 9 Jimmy Ray, Las Cruces, N.M.
7. (1) 111 Bumper Jones, Mesilla Park, N.M.
1. (1) M16 Rocko Gallardo, Fair Acres, N.M.
2. (5) 99 Terry Tipton, Duncan, Ariz.
3. (3) 44 Christy Barnett, El Paso, Texas
4. (4) 21K Brian Kleine, Las Cruces, N.M.
5. (6) 28 Tom Georges, El Paso, Texas
6. (2) 24Z Zachary Page, Rio Rancho, N.M.
7. (7) C7 Jose De La Fuente, El Paso, Texas
8. (8) 241 David Jay Jr., Las Cruces, N.M.
1. (1) 07 Donavon Flores, Las Cruces, N.M.
2. (6) 32G Tag Georges, El Paso, Texas
3. (7) 3 Javier Zapien Jr., El Paso, Texas
4. (5) 3T Todd Harper, Las Cruces, N.M.
5. (2) 5 Joe Lackey, Las Cruces, N.M.
6. (3) 131 Royal Jones, Las Cruces, N.M.
7. (4) G17 Fito Gallardo, Las Cruces, N.M.
1. (4) J17 Jake Gallardo, Las Cruces, N.M.
2. (3) 07 Donavon Flores, Las Cruces, N.M.
3. (11) 18JR Ricardo Olague Jr., El Paso, Texas
4. (22) G17 Fito Gallardo, Las Cruces, N.M.
5. (2) 99 Terry Tipton, Duncan, Ariz.
6. (6) M16 Rocko Gallardo, Fair Acres, N.M.
7. (20) 131 Royal Jones, Las Cruces, N.M.
8. (8) 44X Kenny Schrader, Dittmer, Mo.
9. (9) 44 Christy Barnett, El Paso, Texas
10. (1) J7 Jake Boles, Alamogordo, N.M.
11. (12) 21K Brian Kleine, Las Cruces, N.M.
12. (10) 3T Todd Harper, Las Cruces, N.M.
13. (14) 28 Tom Georges, El Paso, Texas
14. (5) 32G Tag Georges, El Paso, Texas
15. (18) C7 Jose De La Fuente, El Paso, Texas
16. (16) 24Z Zachary Page, Rio Rancho, N.M.
17. (19) 241 David Jay Jr., Las Cruces, N.M.
18. (15) 5 Joe Lackey, Las Cruces, N.M.
19. (17) 9 Jimmy Ray, Las Cruces, N.M.
20. (7) 3 Javier Zapien Jr., El Paso, Texas
21. (13) 3TT Tim Tharp, Las Cruces, N.M.
Visit usraracing.com for schedules, points, photos, souvenirs, videos and more. Follow our social media channels on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Click here to get USRA news delivered to your inbox.
USRA OFFICIAL SPONSORS: American Racer Racing Tires, Beyea Headers, Chevrolet Performance, Christie Door Company, Fast Shafts, FK Rod Ends, K1 RaceGear by Ryan Bowers, KS Engineering, KSE Racing Products, Mesilla Valley Transportation, MSD, Nitroquest Media, PEM Racing Gears & Drivetrain, RacinDirt, Summit Racing Equipment, Sunoco Race Fuels.
USRA PARTICIPATING SPONSORS: ARMI Contractors, Boubin Tire & Automotive, Brodix Cylinder Heads, DAY Motorsports, Innovative AutoGlass & Window Tint, PBM Performance Products, Star 1 Roofing & Construction, Stealth Oilwell Services, Texas Locomotive Solutions, TNT Auto Parts, YouDirt.com.
USRA CONTINGENCY SPONSORS: AFCO Racing Products, Allstar Performance, Bryke Racing, BSB Manufacturing, Champ Pans, Edelbrock, Hooker Harness, Integra Racing Shocks & Springs, JE Pistons, Keyser Manufacturing, Landrum Performance Springs, Medieval Chassis, Performance Bodies & Parts, QA1, RacerWebsite.com, Real Racing Wheels, Swift Springs, Sybesma Graphics, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Wilwood Disc Brakes Five1seven Designs, Four Seven Designs Salon & Boutique, Hi-Tek Paving, Jerovetz Motorsports Racing Parts, Penske Racing Shocks, Race Smart Wraps, S&S Fishing & Rental, Traeger Wood Pellet Grills by Elliott Motorsports.
USRA RACETRACKS: 67 Speedway of Texarkana, 81 Speedway, Alien Motor Speedway, Ark-La-Tex Speedway, Big O Speedway, Bolivar Speedway, Callaway Raceway, Caney Valley Speedway, Cedar Lake Speedway, Centerville Super Speedway, Chateau Speedway, Crawford County Speedway, Cresco Speedway, Dallas County Speedway, Deer Creek Speedway, Diamond Park Speedway, Eagle Valley Speedway, Electric City Speedway, Fairmont Raceway, Fayette County Speedway, Gondik Law Speedway, Hamilton County Speedway, Humboldt Speedway, I-35 Speedway, I-90 Speedway, Lake Ozark Speedway, Lakeside Speedway, Lawton Speedway, Lebanon Midway Speedway, Lucas Oil Speedway, Mason City Motor Speedway, Mississippi Thunder Speedway, Pike County Speedway, Rapid Speedway, Rocket Raceway Park, Sports Park Raceway, Springfield Raceway, Super Bee Speedway, Superbowl Speedway, Texas Motor Speedway Dirt Track, Tomahawk Speedway, Tri-State Speedway, Tulsa Speedway, Vado Speedway Park, West Texas Raceway, Winneshiek Raceway.