Saturday evening at the Humboldt Speedway, Derek Green of Granada, Minnesota, capped an up-and-down weekend during King of America X powered by Summit with a win in the Medieval USRA Stock Car finale after a late-race pass of Stoutland, Missouri’s Derek Brown.
On the final lap during Friday night’s feature, a pair of former Iron Man Challenge champions—Green and Kyle Falck—were in a battle for the lead, and the same piece of real estate. Neither gave an inch, and neither wound up in victory lane as they both went spinning down the backstretch and into turn three.
Green then struggled to challenge the top-runners during a morning matinee which was postponed from Thursday night due to rain. Brown went on to win that one—his first in his first season driving a USRA Stock Car.
But on Saturday night Green put it all together. He started on the pole, gave up the lead to Brown after one lap and then tracked him down on lap 16. Making a similar pass on the high side that he attempted to execute on Falck just 24 hours earlier, Green made it stick and went on to take reach the finish line first and collect a $1,200 paycheck.
Brown was second and Falck held off Myles Michehl for third. Ed Griggs followed in fifth while Jaylen Wettengel, Shawn Ritter, Keith Simmons, Angel Munoz and Kevin Donlan completed the top 10.
Medieval USRA Stock Car competitors earned Summit USRA Weekly Racing Series national points all three nights during their debut at the crown jewel event for USMTS Modifieds.
Visit usraracing.com for schedules, points, photos, souvenirs, videos and more. Follow our social media channels on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Click here to get USRA news delivered to your inbox.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
United States Racing Association
Summit USRA Weekly Racing Series
King of America X powered by Summit – Night 2 of 2 (evening show)
Humboldt Speedway, Humboldt, Kan.
Saturday, March 27, 2021
Showing finishing position, starting position in parentheses, car number, driver and hometown.
MEDIEVAL USRA STOCK CARS
1. (6) 67 Kyle Falck, Decorah, Iowa
2. (2) 7SR Shawn Ritter, Keystone, Iowa
3. (1) 31 Ed Griggs, Pleasant Hill, Mo.
4. (3) 11K Darrin Korthals, Rock Rapids, Iowa
5. (8) 15 Mitch Hovden, Decorah, Iowa
6. (4) 28D Gary Donaldson, Rayville, Mo.
7. (7) 808 Chance Hillman, Waukon, Iowa
8. (5) 74 Jason Josselyn, Alamogordo, N.M.
9. (9) 55H Troy Hansmeier, Waukon, Iowa
1. (4) 11 Derek Brown, Stoutland, Mo.
2. (1) 91J Jaylen Wettengel, Topeka, Kan.
3. (5) 32 Derek Green, Granada, Minn.
4. (6) 5KX Keith Simmons, Truro, Iowa
5. (7) 33T Thomas Ground, Kansas City, Mo.
6. (3) 219 Joe Abrams, Topeka, Kan.
7. (2) 04 Chad Walker, Kansas City, Kan.
8. (9) 5X Wayne Becker, Dakota Dunes, S.D.
9. (8) 87 Dylan Suhr, Waterloo, Iowa
1. (1) 21 Myles Michehl, Fort Dodge, Iowa
2. (3) 7 Doug Keller, Easton, Mo.
3. (2) 2M Angel Munoz, Lamar, Colo.
4. (6) 33 Kevin Donlan, Decorah, Iowa
5. (7) 23 Brayden Gjere, Mabel, Minn.
6. (4) 5K Steve Herrick, Topeka, Kan.
7. (5) 5H Matthew Herrick, Topeka, Kan.
8. (8) 21P Darren Phillips, Wheatland, Mo.
1. (1) 32 Derek Green, Granada, Minn.
2. (6) 11 Derek Brown, Stoutland, Mo.
3. (5) 67 Kyle Falck, Decorah, Iowa
4. (3) 21 Myles Michehl, Fort Dodge, Iowa
5. (7) 31 Ed Griggs, Pleasant Hill, Mo.
6. (2) 91J Jaylen Wettengel, Topeka, Kan.
7. (8) 7SR Shawn Ritter, Keystone, Iowa
8. (10) 5KX Keith Simmons, Truro, Iowa
9. (9) 2M Angel Munoz, Lamar, Colo.
10. (11) 33 Kevin Donlan, Decorah, Iowa
11. (15) 23 Brayden Gjere, Mabel, Minn.
12. (19) 808 Chance Hillman, Waukon, Iowa
13. (4) 7 Doug Keller, Easton, Mo.
14. (13) 11K Darrin Korthals, Rock Rapids, Iowa
15. (23) 74 Jason Josselyn, Alamogordo, N.M.
16. (14) 33T Thomas Ground, Kansas City, Mo.
17. (20) 04 Chad Walker, Kansas City, Kan.
18. (16) 28D Gary Donaldson, Rayville, Mo.
19. (21) 5H Matthew Herrick, Topeka, Kan.
20. (18) 5K Steve Herrick, Topeka, Kan.
21. (12) 15 Mitch Hovden, Decorah, Iowa
22. (25) 55H Troy Hansmeier, Waukon, Iowa
23. (24) 21P Darren Phillips, Wheatland, Mo.
24. (26) 87 Dylan Suhr, Waterloo, Iowa
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
USRA OFFICIAL SPONSORS: American Racer Racing Tires, Beyea Headers, Chevrolet Performance, Christie Door Company, Fast Shafts, FK Rod Ends, K1 RaceGear by Ryan Bowers, KS Engineering, KSE Racing Products, Mesilla Valley Transportation, MSD, MyRacePass, Nitroquest Media, PEM Racing Gears & Drivetrain, RacinDirt.com, Summit Racing Equipment, Sunoco Race Fuels.
USRA PARTICIPATING SPONSORS: Boubin Tire & Automotive, Brodix Cylinder Heads, Day Motor Sports, Dealer Reconditioning Services, Forty9 Designs, Four Seven Designs Salon & Boutique, Hi-Tek Paving, Mensink Racing Products, PBM Performance Products, S&S Fishing & Rental, Texas Star Concrete Services, Traeger Wood Pellet Grills by Elliott Motorsports, YouDirt.com.
USRA CONTINGENCY SPONSORS: AFCO Racing Products, Allstar Performance, Bryke Racing, BSB Manufacturing, Champ Pans, Edelbrock, Hooker Harness, Integra Racing Shocks & Springs, Jerovetz Motorsports Racing Parts, Keyser Manufacturing, Landrum Performance Springs, Medieval Chassis, QA1, RacerWebsite.com, Real Racing Wheels, Sybesma Graphics, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Wilwood Disc Brakes.
USRA RACETRACKS: 81 Speedway, 82 Speedway, Alien Motor Speedway, Ark-La-Tex Speedway, Belleville High Banks, Big O Speedway, Buffalo Creek Speedway, Caney Valley Speedway, Cedar Lake Speedway, Chateau Speedway, Creek County Speedway, Cresco Speedway, Dallas County Speedway, Deer Creek Speedway, Devil’s Bowl Speedway, Fayette County Speedway, Hamilton County Speedway, Humboldt Speedway, I-35 Speedway, I-90 Speedway, Lake Ozark Speedway, Lakeside Speedway, Lawton Speedway, Lebanon Midway Speedway, Longdale Speedway, Lucas Oil Speedway, Mason City Motor Speedway, Mississippi Thunder Speedway, Monarch Motor Speedway, Old 71 Speedway, Outlaw Motor Speedway, Randolph County Raceway, Rapid Speedway, Red Dirt Raceway, Revolution Park, Route 66 Motor Speedway, RPM Speedway, Sports Park Raceway, Springfield Raceway, Superbowl Speedway, Thunderbird Speedway, Tri-State Speedway, Upper Iowa Speedway, Vado Speedway Park, West Texas Raceway.