Sunoco USRA Factory Stocks and USRA Limited Mods joined the USMTS Modified Friday as the 10th Annual Texas Spring Nationals kicked off at the Big O Speedway in Ennis, Texas.
In the 15-lap Sunoco USRA Factory Stock feature, polesitter Walter Hamilton of Dallas did all he could to hold back the challenges of Michael Bowles, but to no avail.
The Italy, Texas, resident muscled his way past Hamilton and drove away for a $500 victory. Grand Prarie’s Cameron Cook was third, fourth went Chris Davis of Wills Point and ninth-starting Blake Beggs of Terell took ifth.
Behind the wheel of Kaine Buckmeyer’s USRA Limited Mod, defending Summit USRA Weekly Racing Series national champion Tommy Davis Jr. of Wills Point dominated the 20-lap main event for the USRA Limited Mods.
During post-race technical inspections, however, Davis was disqualified due to an engine compression violation and the victory was awarded to Rockwall’s Steven Nabors, who earned $500 for the win.
Cody Smith of Kaufman started and finished second, Kevin Rowland of Cedar Hill was third and Michael Bowles of Italy claimed the fourth spot. 5. (17) 131 Greenville’s Rowdy Day hopped behind the wheel of James McCreery’s machine and advanced from 17th to fifth.
Michael Bowles won the Sunoco USRA Factory Stock main event.
The 10th Annual Texas Spring Nationals returns Saturday. USRA Limited Mods throw down for $500 to win while Sunoco USRA Factory Stocks race for $400 to win. USRA Tuners and Mod-Lites will join the program too.
The pits will open at 2 p.m. and grandstands open at 4 with racing getting underway at 6 p.m. Tickets are $20 for adults (17+) and $15 for seniors (62+) and juniors (12-16). Kids ages 11 and under get in for free. Pit passes are $35.
The Big O Speedway is located off I-45 at exit 249, then 5.6 miles east on FM 85 in Ennis, Texas. For more information, call (317) 777-2222 or email email@example.com. You can also visit the track’s official website at bigospeedway.com and follow them on Facebook and Twitter.
You can also visit the track’s official website at bigospeedway.com (http://bigospeedway.com)and follow them on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/bigospeedway) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/bigospeedway).
Just 10 minutes from the racetrack at 400 South I-45 (GPS: 1200 Dolfie Ln, Ennis, TX 75119), the Comfort Suites in Ennis is the Official Host Hotel for the event with a special rate for USMTS travelers of just $70/night for a King or $80/night for a double Queen. Call (972) 330-2404 and use discount code “LUSMTS” when booking your room(s). You can also book online at choicehotels.com (https://www.choicehotels.com/texas/ennis/comfort-suites-hotels/txa54).
RacinDirt TV will have live coverage of every lap in every division. One low monthly or annual price gets you all the action. You can now access RacinDirt in a multitude of ways, via your computer as always, but also a suite of apps for added convenience including Roku, Amazon Fire, iOS, Apple TV, and Google Play.
To learn more about the United States Racing Association, visit USRAracing.com. You can also like us on Facebook, visit us on Instagram, follow us on Twitter and watch us on YouTube. Keep up to speed with everything USRA and subscribe to the USRA e-Newsletter at USRAracing.com/subscribe.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
United States Racing Association
Summit USRA Weekly Racing Series
Big O Speedway, Ennis, Texas
Friday, March 6, 2020
Showing finishing position, starting position in parentheses, car number, driver and hometown.
USRA LIMITED MODS
Heat #1 (6 laps):
1. (2) 23 Steven Nabors, Rockwall, Texas
2. (1) 40 Michael Bowles, Italy, Texas
3. (4) 56 Steven Ashcraft, Forney, Texas
4. (5) 28J Justin Nabors, Kemp, Texas
5. (6) 7 Chad Williams, Forney, Texas
6. (3) 13J James McCreery, Midlothian, Texas
Heat #2 (6 laps):
1. (1) 4R Kevin Rowland, Cedar Hill, Texas
2. (6) 69X Tommy Davis Jr., Wills Point, Texas
3. (4) 103 J.C. Howell, Maybank, Texas
4. (3) 15B Thomas Blackwell, Crandall, Texas
5. (2) 2 Brandon Newbill, Murchison, Texas
6. (5) 34 Russ Houck II, Ovilla, Texas
Heat #3 (6 laps):
1. (2) 7MK Kyle Wilkins, Italy, Texas
2. (1) 18 Cody Smith, Kaufman, Texas
3. (5) 131 Kevin Manning, Kaufman, Texas
4. (3) 31 Michael Martin, Kaufman, Texas
5. (4) 20D Rowdy Day, Greenville, Texas
“A” Main (20 laps):
1. (5) 23 Steven Nabors, Rockwall, Texas
2. (2) 18 Cody Smith, Kaufman, Texas
3. (8) 4R Kevin Rowland, Cedar Hill, Texas
4. (7) 40 Michael Bowles, Italy, Texas
5. (17) 131 Rowdy Day, Greenville, Texas
6. (1) 7MK Kyle Wilkins, Italy, Texas
7. (6) 56 Steven Ashcraft, Forney, Texas
8. (11) 15B Thomas Blackwell, Crandall, Texas
9. (9) 103 J.C. Howell, Maybank, Texas
10. (14) 2 Brandon Newbill, Murchison, Texas
11. (13) 7 Chad Williams, Forney, Texas
12. (15) 34 Russ Houck II, Ovilla, Texas
13. (12) 31 Michael Martin, Kaufman, Texas
14. (10) 28J Justin Nabors, Kemp, Texas
15. (3) 131 Kevin Manning, Kaufman, Texas
DQ – (4) 69X Tommy Davis Jr., Wills Point, Texas
DNS – 13J James McCreery, Midlothian, Texas
SUNOCO USRA FACTORY STOCKS
Heat #1 (8 laps):
1. (4) 40 Michael Bowles, Italy, Texas
2. (3) 4B Kyle Blanton, Blossom, Texas
3. (5) 1W Walter Hamilton, Dallas, Texas
4. (1) 04 Cameron Cook, Grand Prarie, Texas
5. (6) 23B Blake Beggs, Terell, Texas
6. (7) 10 Nate Dixon, Ennis, Texas
7. (8) 22XX Jason Gamez, Dallas, Texas
8. (2) 96T Colton Tanner, Rice, Texas
Heat #2 (8 laps):
1. (2) 1 Ronny Gould, Calera, Okla.
2. (7) 98 Chris Davis, Wills Point, Texas
3. (1) 11 Jackie Hefti, Kemp, Texas
4. (4) 62 Dustin Choate, Forney, Texas
5. (5) 31 Mason Martin, Kaufman, Texas
6. (3) 13T Jeff Tito, Whitehouse, Texas
7. (6) 33D Dylan Moss, Waxahachie, Texas
“A” Main (20 laps):
1. (5) 40 Michael Bowles, Italy, Texas
2. (1) 1W Walter Hamilton, Dallas, Texas
3. (6) 04 Cameron Cook, Grand Prarie, Texas
4. (7) 98 Chris Davis, Wills Point, Texas
5. (9) 23B Blake Beggs, Terell, Texas
6. (13) 22XX Jason Gamez, Dallas, Texas
7. (11) 10 Nate Dixon, Ennis, Texas
8. (15) 96T Colton Tanner, Rice, Texas
9. (10) 31 Mason Martin, Kaufman, Texas
10. (2) 11 Jackie Hefti, Kemp, Texas
11. (8) 1 Ronny Gould, Calera, Okla.
12. (4) 62 Dustin Choate, Forney, Texas
13. (3) 4B Kyle Blanton, Blossom, Texas
14. (14) 33D Dylan Moss, Waxahachie, Texas
15. (12) 13T Jeff Tito, Whitehouse, Texas
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
USRA OFFICIAL SPONSORS: American Racer Racing Tires, Chevrolet Performance, Christie Door Company, CP-Carrillo, Fast Shafts, Jobbers Warehouse Supply, K1 RaceGear by Ryan Bowers Motorsports, KSE Racing Products, Mesilla Valley Transportation, MSD Performance, MyRacePass, Nitroquest Media, Pace Performance, PEM Racing Gears & Drivetrain, RacinDirt.com, Summit Racing Equipment, Sunoco Race Fuels.
USRA PARTICIPATING SPONSORS: Boubin Tire & Automotive, Brodix Cylinder Heads, Mensink Racing Products, PBM Performance Products, YouDirt.com.
USRA CONTINGENCY SPONSORS: AFCO Racing Products, Allstar Performance, Beyea Headers, Bryke Racing, BSB Manufacturing, Champ Pans, Edelbrock, Forty9 Designs, Genesis Racing Shocks, Hooker Harness, Integra Racing Shocks and Springs, JE Pistons, Jerovetz Motorsports Racing Parts, Keyser Manufacturing, Landrum Performance Springs, Medieval Chassis, QA1, RacerWebsite.com, Real Racing Wheels, Sybesma Graphics, Wehrs Machine & Race Products, Wilwood Racing.
USRA RACE TRACKS: 81 Speedway, 82 Speedway, Ark-La-Tex Speedway, Big O Speedway, Caney Valley Speedway, Cedar Lake Speedway, Chateau Speedway, Creek County Speedway, Cresco Speedway, Dallas County Speedway, Deer Creek Speedway, Devil’s Bowl Speedway, Fayette County Speedway, Hamilton County Speedway, Humboldt Speedway, I-35 Speedway, I-37 Speedway, I-90 Speedway, Lake Ozark Speedway, Lawton Speedway, Lebanon Midway Speedway, Legit Speedway Park, Lucas Oil Speedway, Mason City Motor Speedway, Mississippi Thunder Speedway, Monarch Motor Speedway, Nobles County Speedway, Outlaw Motor Speedway, Rapid Speedway, Red Dirt Raceway, Route 66 Motor Speedway, RPM Speedway, South Texas Speedway, Southern Iowa Speedway, Sports Park Raceway, Springfield Raceway, Superbowl Speedway, Tri-State Speedway, Upper Iowa Speedway, Vado Speedway Park, West Texas Raceway.