Anyone who's dreamed of becoming a part of the Lucas Oil Speedway team can explore several employment options at the speedway's annual Job Fair on Saturday, February 16.
"We have a lot of opportunities available in various aspects of operations," Lucas Oil Speedway General Manager Danny Lorton said. "This is an excellent way for area residents to explore being a part of our team and we look forward to seeing everyone on the 16th."
The Job Fair will be held at the Lucas Oil Speedway Main Office from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Lorton said the seasonal, part-time position openings are in concessions, bar, pit and ticket offices, public safety, go-kart track attendants, facility clean-up and general labor. There's even a position for a track official/tech assistant.
Some positions have age requirements. Experience is preferred for cooks and cashiers in concessions and bartenders. Experience in law enforcement or security is sought for the public safety positions.
Applicants must bring two forms of identification to the Job Fair and at least one must be a photo ID (such as a driver's license).
For more information, contact the speedway office at (417) 282-5984 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job openings include:
• Bartenders (1-2 years experience preferred, must be 21 or older).
• Concession workers.
• Cooks (experience preferred).
• Environmental services clean-up crew.
• Go-Kart Track workers.
• Security workers (security experience preferred).
• Safety Crew worker (fire and safety experience preferred).
• Cashiers (experience preferred).
• Track Official/Tech Assistant - One position open for back-stretch track entrance official who also assists the tech person as needed. Experience in dirt track racing and technical inspection is preferred.
The 2019 season kicks off March 30 with an open test and tune. The Big Adventure RV Weekly Racing Series begins April 6 with action in USRA Modifieds and Out-Pace USRA B-Mods plus Warsaw Auto Marine & RV ULMA Late Models and O'Reilly Auto Parts Street Stocks.