Cars don't have to be racing around the dirt track to grab attention in 2017 at Lucas Oil Speedway.
Area car clubs or groups that would like to hold a Saturday night outing on Lucas Oil Speedway's midway to show off their automobiles can do so in 2017.
"I know there are a lot of terrific clubs with great-looking classic cars, muscle cars and trucks in this part of the country," Lucas Oil Speedway assistant General Manager Danny Lorton said. "We would love to give them an opportunity to show those off during a night at Lucas Oil Speedway, where several thousand fans can see them up close and enjoy them."
Lorton added that individuals not in an organized club also are encouraged to band together to show off their classic or muscle car, truck or even motorcycle.
The criteria for having a "Car Club Night" is simple:
- Clubs need to contact Lorton at the speedway (417) 282-5984 or email him at email@example.com to reserve a date.
- Lucas Oil Speedway will publicize the club's appearance in pre-race press releases the week of the event.
- Clubs and their members arrive at the speedway by 3:30 p.m. as a group to set upon the midway behind the grandstands for the unique show.
- Grandstands open at 5 p.m. for fans to view the cars and mingle with the club members until the racing program begins.
- The car club members and their guests then can enjoy the night at the races as the Big Adventure RV Weekly Racing Series competes in four divisions.
- There's no charge (the driver and one passenger from each car are admitted free). The car club members - and their beautiful machines - get to enjoy a fun night with well-earned recognition.
- Suites are available for rent with club members able to enjoy the races as a group from air-conditioned comfort inside - or use great seats also outside the suites to view the races.
- Clubs also can ask Lorton about turning the outing into a profitable fund-raising event.
The 2017 Lucas Oil Speedway schedule begins with the Big Adventure RV Weekly Racing Series opener on April 8, followed by the 4th annual Lucas Oil MLRA Spring Nationals on April 14-15.
Lucas Oil Speedway is located at Highways 83 and 54 in Wheatland, Missouri. A campground with shower and bathroom facilities is also available. With it's entrance located just outside the pit gate this sprawling scenic camping facility will continue to enhance the racing experience at the Diamond of Dirt Tracks.
Click www.LucasOilSpeedway.com for more information and detailed directions to the speedway or call the Track Hotline at (417) 282-5984. In addition, fans can get social with Lucas Oil Speedway by following @LucasSpeedway on Twitter, clicking "Like" at www.facebook.com/LucasOilSpeedway and on www.youtube.com/LucasOilSpeedway.